Pursuing Justice One Accident Victim At A Time
$11,200,000.00 jury verdict -16 year-old girl rendered a quadriplegic as a result of single car accident which struck a utility pole placed too closely to the roadway.
$2,576,712.40 total recovery from UM carrier following judge trial
$1,400,000.00 Settlement - Worker rendered quadriplegic after 20’ fall from ladder.
$1,312,700.00 Judge verdict - Fort Walton Beach chiropractor suffered several thoracic spine compression fractures after attic access stairs fell out of newly constructed townhome.
Helping Injured Workers’ Get the Compensation They Deserve
Wesley, McGrail & Wesley, located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, assists clients in matters concerning workers’ compensation. We serve the cities of Destin, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Pensacola, Panama City, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Niceville, Tallahassee and throughout the Florida Panhandle.
How The Workers’ Compensation Program Works In Florida
Workers’ compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees who suffer an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment. Our workers’ compensation lawyers represent injured employees and workers who have been injured while on the job in Florida. When employees are hurt or injured while performing their duties at work, there is a specialized area of legislation referred to as workers’ compensation law that governs from whom and how much an injured employee can recover.
We have handled countless workers’ compensation cases for clients over the years. Our firm is committed to assisting injured workers and families in navigating this complicated area of law in order to receive all of the benefits to which they are entitled to receive. We have extensive experience in all facets of workers’ compensation law and have earned a reputation as effective attorneys in the courtroom.
Workplace Injuries And Illnesses That Lead To Benefits
Work-related injuries or illnesses that trigger workers’ compensation coverage in Florida include the following:
- Asbestos exposure and occupational diseases
- Asthma and other work-related pulmonary conditions
- Back injuries, knee injuries, neck injuries, shoulder injuries and head injuries
- Burns, electrocution and other injuries suffered in fires and explosions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive trauma injuries
- Chemical burns and toxic chemical exposure
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Eye injuries and hearing problems
- Work-induced emotional and psychiatric problems related to physical injuries
- Work-induced heart attacks, hypertension or work-induced strokes
- Car accidents that occur as a result of on-the-job responsibilities
At our firm, we take the time to clearly explain the sometimes-frustrating legal process to those clients injured in the workplace and work aggressively toward getting them their fair and just compensation. You can trust Wesley, McGrail & Wesley to effectively handle your workers’ compensation case.
If you have questions regarding workers’ compensation, contact us for a free consultation today.