Impairments Covered By Social Security Disability
At Wesley, McGrail & Wesley, our attorneys represent clients suffering from the full range of impairments eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance, including:
- Musculoskeletal problems, such as back conditions and dysfunction of the joints and bones
- Respiratory illnesses, such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Heart conditions like chronic heart failure and coronary artery disease
- Blood disorders, including sickle cell disease and hemophilia
- Digestive tract problems, such as liver disease
- Neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease, and epilepsy
- Senses and speech issues, such as vision and hearing loss
- Immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and kidney disease
- Mental disorders, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or intellectual disability
- Other serious illnesses and disabilities, including cancer
The Social Security Administration maintains a list of medically approved adult impairments on its website. If you have questions about whether your disability qualifies, contact us for a free consultation.
To prove you are suffering from a qualifying disability, you typically must provide medical evidence from a health care provider. Our lawyers and staff can help you gather evidence and establish a record of care to show that your disability is affecting your life and preventing you from working.
Your Claim Is Important To Us
Our clients appreciate that we understand their concerns and work closely with them to maximize their chances of securing Social Security Disability benefits. Attorney Michael McGrail uses a hands-on approach, meeting with you several times over the course of your claim to help you understand the process, prepare for hearings and ensure that your application for benefits is as strong as possible.
From our office in Fort Walton Beach, we represent clients throughout Florida’s panhandle at every stage of the disability application and appeals process. For a free initial consultation and evaluation of your claim, please contact us at 850-244-0999.