Experienced Florida Litigation And Personal Injury Attorneys

$11,200,000.00 jury verdict -16 year-old girl rendered a quadriplegic as a result of single car accident which struck a utility pole placed too closely to the roadway.

$5,901,000 verdict

$2,576,712.40 total recovery from UM carrier following judge trial

$1,400,000.00 Settlement - Worker rendered quadriplegic after 20’ fall from ladder.

$1,312,700.00 Judge verdict - Fort Walton Beach chiropractor suffered several thoracic spine compression fractures after attic access stairs fell out of newly constructed townhome.

Get a Free Consultation

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  » Auto Insurance FAQ

Auto Insurance FAQ

Should I notify my insurance company after a car accident?

You have a legal duty to report the accident to your insurer in a timely manner and comply with its investigation. However, it is wise to speak to a lawyer before giving a statement to any insurance company.

What should I do if another driver’s insurance company contacts me?

You are under no obligation to speak with another driver’s insurer — in fact, doing so could jeopardize your claim and make it harder to collect your maximum recovery. When you are recovering from an accident, the last thing you should have to worry about is attending to complex insurance negotiations. Direct the adjuster to speak with your lawyer, who has the experience and knowledge to communicate with other parties on your behalf.

Who will pay my medical bills?

Florida is a no-fault auto insurance state, which means your own no-fault, or PIP, insurance will pay for your medical expenses and lost income up to a certain limit. If you have been seriously injured and your needs exceed your PIP coverage, the at-fault driver’s insurer will issue a check after your claim is resolved. Do not sacrifice medical care because you have financial concerns; speak with an attorney who can help you resolve them.

What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage under your own insurance policy, you may be able to collect compensation that way. If not, you may be able to sue the responsible driver, but keep in mind that an individual is unlikely to have the funds to cover your damages. Contact us for help exploring all of your options and maximizing your chances of collecting compensation.

For More Information About Auto Insurance And Accident Claims

We invite you to contact us to learn more about your rights and options after an accident. Please call our office in Fort Walton Beach at 850-226-5051 or 866-445-5849 toll free, or contact us online. We serve clients across the Florida Panhandle, as well as out-of-state clients who have been injured while visiting the area.